Choosing the right contractor makes a lot of difference in ensuring the success of your roofing project. Whether it involves simple repairs or a complete roof replacement, the quality of the work your choice of roofer will provide can greatly impact your home’s value, aesthetic appeal and protection from the weather. Here’s a guide to help you find the right roofing contractor who is the right fit for your needs.
Identifying Your Roofing Needs
First and foremost, you need to understand exactly what your roofing needs are. Is it a minor repair, or are you considering having your roof replaced? Regardless of what your needs are, it is important that your choice of contractor has the skills and expertise to not just put up a new roof but also be capable of caring and maintaining it over its serviceable life.
Tips on Hiring a Roofing Contractor
Once you’ve identified your needs, here are some tips on selecting a roofing contractor.
- Research Your Contractor – Do homework on potential contractors. Look up “roofing contractors” online and make a shortlist of the ones near your location.
- Check for Licenses and Insurance – Go over your shortlist of prospective contractors and check whether they have the necessary licenses and insurance. Both of these credentials are important — licenses indicate the legitimacy of the business, while insurance protects you from any liabilities that may arise during the roofing project.
- Get Written Estimates – Always get detailed written estimates and compare them to determine which one offers the best value for your money. Steer clear of low estimates; sometimes, the price is often too good to be true.
- Interview References – Prospective contractors should be able to provide a list of references. Get in touch with each one and ask about their experience working with these professionals. Their answers can give you a glimpse of the each contractor’s level of expertise and customer service
- Communication Is Key – A good contractor will gladly answer all your queries and keep you informed throughout the project.
Warning Signs to Avoid
You should be aware of a few red flags when hiring a contractor. Watch out for contractors who demand full payment upfront or try to avoid a written contract. Any contractor suggesting you start the roofing project without proper permits is a no-no as well. Remember, a reputable contractor will never cut corners or skip the most important steps of a typical roofing project.
Why Choose Jack the Roofer
With Jack the Roofer, you’re not just hiring a contractor but choosing peace of mind. We combine top-notch roofing expertise with superior customer service. Our Parker-based team consists of experienced professionals dedicated to meeting your needs. We’ve earned the trust of many homeowners in the area, and our glowing reviews speak for themselves.
If you’re in Parker, Centennial, Aurora, or Castle Rock, CO, and need roof repairs or replacement, contact the trustworthy professionals at Jack the Roofer. Call us at (720) 722-2255, or fill out our online form. We’re here to help with all your roofing needs.